In case you didn’t know, October 8th-14th is National Case Managers Week, so now is an opportune time to celebrate the important work performed by case managers everywhere, but specifically those within the healthcare industry.
So what are case managers, and what do they do?
Case managers play a vital role in maintaining the operational efficiency within the companies they work for, from admission to discharge. They are the keystone in all workspace systems, processing and creating productive workflows, organizing and delegating responsibilities, maintaining order, handling sensitive data, and ensuring that all tasks are being completed in a timely fashion. It’s a job that requires immense attention to detail, excellent communication skills, flexibility, forward-thinking, and a little finesse. It certainly is not an easy position to hold, and challenges are abounding, especially if relying on a manual case management method.
Common challenges that case managers face are:
- Ineffective collaboration between individuals and teams due to lack of flexibility and coordination.
- Lack of transparency for customers and stakeholders due to the complex, multi-faceted nature of the position.
- Decreased efficiency due to mismanaged assignments, poor team communication, inefficient data collection, and weak process structure.
- Increased documentation mistakes due to human error render data unusable, making analyzing trends more difficult and timelier.
- Information salad due to sources being scattered across multiple platforms and channels, making the information-gathering process cumbersome and frustrating.
- Lack of customization makes it difficult for case managers to adapt operations to streamline the company's processes and workflows, dramatically increasing operational costs.
Luckily, digital and technological advancements have helped to lighten the load ̶ case managers rejoice! Platforms like our managedCareMASTER make managing complex contracts, EHRs, Rx costs, therapy, and CRM easier than ever. managedcareMASTER is your automated case management and contract workflow platform, covering everything from contract summaries, organizational visibility, and contractual alerts to concurrent reviews, denials, and appeals. Case managers no longer have to rely on papers and binders to keep track of everything they need ̶ it’s available to them in one, all-inclusive dashboard. The executive dashboard includes useful functions such as a concurrent review and authorization calendar, facility-based cost-out template, PDPM grouper tool, high-cost medication search, and real-time alerts, allowing case managers to take charge of their facilities with resounding efficiency. Say goodbye to poor collaboration, incomplete data, visibility issues, compromised security, and avoidable errors!
Have any questions about how our technology can help you? We’d love to hear from you!
Drop us a quick email, and we’ll happily discuss our solutions further with you.