In an April 19 article, Ransomware ‘bull’s eye’ grows, clouding telehealth’s rise in long-term care, McKnight's Long-Care News recapped suggestions from Prime Care Tech's Mark Owens.
- Providers pursue a multipronged approach to data protection, with a "modern and managed firewall" with:
- Geo-blocking to limit access to out-of-area attackers
- Access that is restricted to specific users and departments
- Backups that are stored on separate servers in different locations.
- Facilities require repeated employee training about IT security, keeping in mind the going rate for resale of medical records is about $250 per record.