While many public health emergency waivers related to COVID-19 will carry forward to October as part of the emergency extension, the Payroll-Based Journal (PBJ) reporting waiver will not.. This means, your 2Q data is due August 14, 2020.
Other good to know details about your staffing data:
- Current Five-Star Reports will remain frozen with the December 31, 2019 staffing data
- 1Q data will NOT be used to calculate staffing star
- Providers auto-downgraded to one staffing star based on December 31, 2019, data will show ‘not available’ as current rating
- Five-Star Report with staffing measure will be updated in October with your 2Q data
Despite the waiver, 60% of facilities still reported 1Q data. CMS also encourages the submission of retroactive data, even though it will not be used to calculate ratings. With the correlation between increased staffing and better control of the COVID-19 spread, CMS seems firm on getting PBJ reporting back on schedule.
The American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) reacted by reminding the CMS "that the fight against this virus is far from over for our long term care providers, and they need continued support from our federal government. We hope CMS recognizes this and the urgent need to prioritize resources to protect long term care staff and residents."
With your resources and budgets being stretched, the efficiencies technology can bring are more critical than ever.
So, how can we help?
- Generate and edit PBJ reports in a snap
- Quickly predicting your next staffing star
- Oversee your staff to patient ratios in near-real-time
PrimeFORCE applicant tracking and retention system
- Expedite the process to fill open positions and onboard
- Utilize Hartman Value Profile to find people of sound judgment
Get in touch if we can help – we understand the demand on your time, we'll be brief!