IT Asset and Desktop Management
System-wide IT Asset discovery, security, and savings
The growing need for IT Asset and Desktop Management - Integrating personal productivity devices, such as desktops and laptops, and the data they generate and retrieve has contributed to a wealth of information and...risks. If businesses are unable to monitor and manage these assets, they run a considerable risk of non-compliance and potentially fatally damaging their operations.
Businesses like yours are exposed to risk through:
- Software (managing software licenses) - due to audits (i.e., Adobe or Microsoft) with penalties in excess of $100K and loss of positive PR.
- Hardware (asset inventory, operational status, and security) - due to the lack of controls to ensure data security, hardware uptime, and cost control
- Email - due to unauthorized internal and external email access, emails sent to the wrong recipients, and/or exposure caused by ill-defined retention practices
- Business-critical and EPHI files and folders - due to unauthorized internal and external access; changing, deletion, and/or loss of critical files; and unsecured USB and CDRW drives
What are the risks?
Loss of critical information
- Fines and penalties for non-compliance
- Disruption in business
- Unnecessary costs associated with the research and recovery of lost data
- Lost inventory or the presence of rogue devices
- Unnecessary repairs or repairs not addressed
- Misplaced emails and files getting into the wrong hands
- Exposure to and during law suits
- Network latency and unstable circuits
- Poor public relations
Specifically, your business needs to address:
- Software distribution
- OS imaging and migration
- IT hardware management, e.g., equipment location and status, how each is used and by whom, asset lifecycle defining asset retention/retirement and other policies
- Troubleshooting, e.g., remote control/problem resolution
- Software license compliance
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Solid security with proactive system monitoring and distribution of appropriate updates
- The protection of business-critical and EPHI data from hard drive failures
- Virus attacks
- User error
Along with its robust Data Leak Prevention solutions, PCT offers you a dynamic, on-demand, easy-to-set up and administer Desktop and IT Asset Management Solution which includes:
- Asset Management: Automatically discovers all IP-based assets in your network which enables the organization, management, and reporting of these assets.
- Virus Protection: Automatically interrogates all desktop and laptop systems - local or remote - to determine the status of their virus definitions.
- Online Data Backup: Performs off-site backup of all sensitive corporate data from all desktop and laptop systems - local or remote. Quickly and easily interrogates all systems to determine their backup status. Jumpstarts backups as needed for any machine found outside of compliance with company or regulatory standards.
- Software Distribution and Compliance: Quickly and easily interrogates all desktop and laptop systems - local or remote - to determine the software loaded on each system. Automatically distributes new software updates as required. Monitors all machines for compliance to corporate and regulatory guidelines.
- Patch Management: Quickly and easily interrogates all desktop and laptop systems - local or remote - to determine their software patch status. Automatically distributes patches to those machines that are not in compliance. Reports patch compliance levels on an immediate and continuous basis.
- Remote Access/Support: Enables IT help desk personnel to establish protected remote logins to diagnose and repair end-user system problems.