Data Center Infrastructure and Systems for Federal Government Agencies
PCT's audited SSAE Type II data center, located in a 1.3 million sq. ft. campus with multiple distinct data center buildings in Richmond, VA, is designed to offer government agency-specific solutions, such as custom data centers, colocation, and comprehensive managed services. The Richmond data center represents the latest in cutting-edge technology and construction
This expansive data center campus has the capacity to accommodate custom requirements, such as specific power configuration, security access, office space, and other customized features to evaluate build-to-suit opportunities. With vast on-site power capacity and hundreds of thousands of square feet of available raised floor and office space, there is plenty of room for PCT to support your IT infrastructure needs today and in the future.
• 1.3 million sq. ft. campus; 4 distinct data center buildings
• Over 183,000 sq. ft. of raised floor with planned build-out to 500,000 sq. ft.
• Data center rooms range in size from 5,000 to over 100,000 sq. ft.
• Adjacent QTS-owned property available for additional expansion to up to 1.4 million sq. ft. of raised floor based on initial greenfield development drafts
• 187,000 sq. ft. of Class A office space; Expansion capable to over 700,000 sq. ft.
• Two (2) dedicated on-site substations currently delivers 110 MVA to facility; Upgradeable to 220 MVA
- Fed from two (2) transmission lines from two (2) independent Dominion substations
- Two (2) 55 MVA transformers in completely redundant configurations distribute power to the site
• 17 Generators with static UPS and 25,000 gallons of fuel on site with multiple fuel delivery contracts
• On-site diesel fuel with multiple refueling contracts
• Two (2) independent water chiller plants, each at N+1
• Additional cooling provided by two (2) Glycol chillers
• Total cooling capacity of 25,000 tons
• In addition to in-house carriers, regional fiber connectivity provides two distinct and diverse paths out of facility and creates fully protected diverse routes to Culpeper and Northern Virginia
- 1 Gig and 10 Gig wavelengths; Protected and unprotected options
- Ability to connect to service providers and partners located in
o Equinix: Ashburn, VA
o Terremark: Culpeper, VA
o Coresite: 1275 K Street, Washington, DC (planned)
• Central command center with 24x7x365 security staff
• Security monitoring with cameras, card access, and biometric controls
• Fenced in buildings with vehicle check stations
• 500’ setback to all buildings with K12 barriers
Any implementation can also be configured with essentially unlimited bandwidth and at any desired level of security compliance - FISMA Low through TS/SCI SCIF.
• Air temperature, humidity, fire detection and water pressure all managed by automated control system; All alarm situations are paged to trained facility engineers
• 24 x 7 x 365 Operations Service Center (OSC)